Wow, what a weekend!
Over a week later we are still buzzing from an incredible few days of inspiration, discussion and action at Fixfest 2022. With over 150 people from at least 23 countries, the event was a wonderful reminder that we are a truly global community. Thank you so much for joining us in Brussels or online. Your ideas, energy and stories made Fixfest truly remarkable! (Photos below!)
We were honoured to have so many fascinating speakers. From Mathew’s keynote on Saturday to the sessions on microsoldering, the Right to Repair, community repair around the world, a ‘lonely parts club’, repair and cybersecurity and the Repair Café on Sunday, there are simply too many highlights to choose from.
What happened at Fixfest?
With around 50 sessions in Brussels and online, we covered so many repair-related topics. We’ve done our best to capture as many of these conversations as possible:
- Video recordings: a handful of sessions in Brussels and the whole of Fixfest Online were recorded. You can watch these here on YouTube.
- Written notes: we have collated the collaborative notes we took from each session in this document. Feel free to look through for a reminder of the sessions you attended or catch up on those you missed. You are welcome to add your own notes too.
- Right to Repair conference: You can also catch up on the Right to Repair conference from Friday morning, including a recording of the event.
- Voices of Fixfest: The Restart Project interviewed a number of people at Fixfest about their experience and wider work. Hear what they had to say.
- Photos: scroll down for photos from Fixfest
Our conversations are just getting started
We heard from many of you that three days wasn’t enough! We agree. So we want to help everyone stay in touch and continue the conversations we started at Fixfest. We’d also love to hear what you thought of Fixfest to make sure the next edition is even better.
Please tell us what you thought and sign up to be kept in the loop by completing our quick surveys:
Finally, here is a selection of photos from Fixfest, courtesy of photographer and repair advocate Mark A Phillips. You are welcome to use these photos too, but please credit Mark if you do. Find all these photos and many more here.